Spring Cottage Life Show 2017
As hundreds of people gather outside the gates, you can feel the excitement stirring in the air. The gates start to open, and people rush in to get a glimpse of anything and everything related to living the cottage life and drink in the Muskoka Spirit.
Wondering what all the fuss is about? Well fellow cottagers, it’s the Spring Cottage Life Show and you’re all invited!
Why is this a show you don’t want to miss?
Cottage season is just around the corner and I am thrilled. This is our 4th year attending and we will never forget the first time we went. The level of excitement and enthusiasm for the cottage lifestyle was outstanding!
From boating and sipping a fine wine on the docks to roasting marshmallows, outdoor adventures and swimming in the lake, there are always favourite cottage pastimes that buzz through the crowds.
An intoxicating show…
By the time the show launches, the weather has already improved and you are surrounded by thoughts of long summer days – which can be highly intoxicating. You may see some familiar faces, as well as discover some of the latest cottage trends.
Some exhibitors go above and beyond show expectations by offering real life cottage experiences such as stone fireplaces, large log structures, dock parties and providing samples of tasty cottage-style food.
Here are a few Insider tips for attending the show…
- It can get quite busy on Friday and Saturday afternoon. If you want to avoid the crowds, try checking it out on Sunday afternoon.
- There are a few Halls at the International Centre and approximately 550 exhibitors, so give yourself plenty of time to see each booth.
- Attend a seminar about building a cottage, decorating, barbecuing, or gardening. You will not believe what amazing tips you can pick up!
- Don’t miss out on the Fraktals. (Handmade Belgian chocolate cashew buttercrunch) Make sure you buy enough for the ride home. These are my favourite treats and as an extra bonus, they are gluten free. ☺
- Check out the clothes. Where else can you buy a onesie that says, “cottage baby?”
- Don’t forget where you parked your car. There are 5000 parking spots available for the Spring Cottage Life Show. Take a picture of your parking space with your Iphone. I speak from experience, this is a tip that could save you loads of time.
- Lastly, don’t leave without saying hello to us. We will be at the MVR booth next to Lovergrove Construction
Friday, April 1st until Sunday, April 3rd, the Spring Cottage Life Show will be in Toronto.